Safe facilitates a foster and adoptive youth support group once a month in collaboration with The Family Place while parents and caregivers attend Circle of Parents (Parent Chats) meetings.
The Foster Chats program helps foster and adoptive youth, including their siblings, to build healthy relationships with one another. The program emphasizes cooperative learning which gives opportunities to practice while reflecting on their social and emotional competencies. Cooperative learning allows key elements for youth to learn how to articulate their ideas, the content to their peers and use of metacognition as they reflect on their own thinking.
- It is a two-hour support group
- Includes group discussions
- Cooperative games and activities
- Snack is offered during break
- A Social and Emotional Learning Lesson